Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday

So, the last two Saturdays I have left my house in the eight oclock hour and headed to a park and played with a bunch of adults, my most favorite game- Ultimate Frizbee.  I have never been happier!!  I love Ultimate, and now I am back into playing it weekly.  I use to play with some of my old roommates and single friends back in 2001, 2002 and part of 2003.  It was so great.  I have played periodically over the past 9 years, mostly at campouts and reunions for my side of the family, but now it is on, I am running, catching, throwing, and having so much fun!  I love it!!

Today was also filled with working at my old home (the apartment).  A friend watch Hank and Ellie for an hour, then we put them down for a nap at Grandmas and Grandpas while Mark and I continued working.  I ripped out the baseboard, that was fun!!  Mark layed some foam sheets on the ground in prep to lay the hardwood.  He also prepped the stairs and sanded and puddied some areas.  We are great at working, we are.

And when the kids woke up, (well Hank never went to sleep, he is slowly turning into a kid that doesn't need naps, about once a week, he doesn't need a nap, sometimes twice) I stopped working and headed to the park with Hank and Ellie, which was so fun.  We happened to arrive while the Fire fighters in San Leandro were having safety drilld and practicing putting out fires (the park we were at was separated from the Fire training grounds by a fence and some trees.  It was cool, we watched for a few minutes while Firemen, climbed ladders, and were busy trying to put out a fake fire, when we were ready to leave so were the firemen, the fire trucks drove away as we watched. 

So during our park trip we climbed the play structure and collected sticks, some that were full of leaves and some that were just sticks.  We- Hank, and Ellie and I love Nature.  We collect things most people scoop up and put in their yard waste. 

I made pizza for dinner, I just love homemade pizza!!  Then gave the kids baths, put them to bed (they were tucked in at 7:10), and cleaned up the kitchen.  Lastly I have been working on my Sharing Time lesson, it is going to be a great lesson!  It was such a fun day.  Now I am off to bed!  Thanks for reading!!  What did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment