Thursday, January 13, 2011

I am a Copy Cat!

So a fantastic and long time friend of mine, Bethany Hyatt, will be turning 30 this year, she decided to do 30 awesome Things Before she Turns 30. she and I have October birthdays, infact they are only two days apart. She is older than me, by 2 days! Anyways, I have decided to follow in her foot steps, or in other words copy cat her cool idea!

I started thinking about this in October 2010, so some things I started doing then and others I will begin now, January 2011. Okay here goes, my list of 30 things to do before I'm 30!


Gretchen’s 30 "things"
1. Buy a fabric rocking chair!
2. Carry out my Hinkson family reunion!
3. Write a missionary each week!
4. Plant a garden!
5. Budget, save, buy groceries with cash.
6. Floss well!
7. Read 6 books!
8. Go on two day trips with Mark and kids!
9. Go Camping with Mark and kids!
10. Routinely (at least bi-monthly) spend one on one time with Hank and Mark!
11. Write a poem.
12. Build a playhouse for Hank!
13. Plan and have family home evening each week, this is a year goal too.
14. Make a cleaning schedule that works for me.
15. Make a fabric town for toy cars, (like my cousin Michelle did)!
16. Go to the Temple each month, even if it is with the kids and we walk around the grounds and go to the visitor Center!
17. Become flexible by doing Yoga, at least twice a week, devote to it after baby #2 is 2 months old!
18. Lift weights regularly and take 30 minute walks regularly 3 times a week!
19. Move and set up "house".
20. Complete 2 personal progress value sections, before I move.
21. Continue Menu Planning.
22. Use the lemon bushes lemons to make; a lemon crème pie, lemon bars, and lots of lemonade!!!
23. Become an owner of a table and chairs
24. Enter an item in the County Fair.
25. Choose at least 5 tips to becoming more organized and stick with them, an example is “Monthly go through closets, shelves, cupboards and drawers and de-junk”!
26. Make baby sister something.
27. Get back to pre-marriage weight.
28. Sell Marks motor! Any buyers? It is a rebuilt chevy engine!
29. Make a family tree to put on the wall!
30. Plan my 10th anniversary (2013), begin saving for it!



OK wish me luck!! Here is a picture of Bethany and I Dec. 2008.

1 comment:

  1. Gretchen, I just sent you a message thru Facebook, but thought I'd send a note here too just in case. I'm going to be in town next month (hopefully before the baby comes!). I hope to be able to stop in and see you guys!! ~Cousin Laura :)

    ReplyDelete