Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ellie is out of my Belly!

Can you believe it- Ellie is out of my Belly!
The long story shortened! is- I went into labor just a few hours before our schedule C- section.
Here I am in labor, Hank and Afton came to visit around noon, Friday the 25th!

He was showing us where baby sister was!

They had a great time with the curtain!
Prepare yourself for the next picture, it is very sad.
So, around mid-night, Saturday the 26th I dialated to a 10, and shortly after began pushing Ellie out. Ellies heart rate dropped and I had an emergency c-section.

Here she is with a breathing tube in her mouth, waiting to be moved to Kaiser Oakland to have her body temperature cooled.

Later Saturday morning, she was all cleaned up and in her cooling bed with all sorts of gagets to help her stay with us!

The blanket was to keep the light from shining in her eyes.
She has the cutest little eyes!!

Monday or Tuesday she had her breathing tube removed, and they put in a small nose canula.
She got puffy and swollen from all the fluids that they pumped in her. But we would rather a puffy baby, than the alternative.
Later on, they needed to put in a bigger canula for her to breath more eaily!

Here are most of the gagets that monitor her and give her medicine!

The hospital has super suckers, for babies noses and mouths. Here she is getting her throat suctioned.
What an angel! She was still being cooled.

Here she is the day of warming her back up. She was monitored for 24 hours before they moved her off the blanket that cooled her.
I just love her!! She is so cute!

After I was discharged (Wed.), Mark was able to hold her!
I held her the day before for about an hour, it was just what I had needed. I also held her for the second time on Wed.
Here I was trying to get her used to my playful touch!
Mark holding his little girl!
Here she was today, all awake and alert. We just love our cutie girl Ellie!!

9 comments:

  1. Ellie is beautiful!!! We sure love the Lewis family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! She looks like a good, healthy, baby. I hope all is well soon. I want to come out for a week, but we have to wait and see if Ralph has a position, and see how things settle with us first. We will be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she is so adorable and so precious. I pray that your family will be comforted at this difficult time. She looks like a tough little girl who can make it through anything, just like her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca-
    Thanks so much! I didn't realize how much I miss my friends from Utah! Thanks for all your prayers! It is great to be in contact with you. Oh- I spoke to your mom the other day, it was nice to hear her voice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie is a cutie girl! We love and pray for your beautiful family continually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gretchen! She is beautiful! Congrats! Our prayers are in continued support of your amazing baby and her amazing mom!
    Julie (Mortimer) Suazo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Gretchen and Mark! Congrats on your sweet baby, she's beautiful! Julie and Afton have kept us updated on things, and we wish for nothing but the best! Love and prayers to you and your family! Love, Trish and Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious little girl-I am glad that everyone is ok and doing well now! Our prayers are with you, I hope you get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gretchen, I had heard about the difficult delivery. Ellie has my daughter's birthday. What a special day for the both of us. I hope she is okay- and more importantly, that YOU are okay. I sense there is a lot more to your story than the pictures are telling. I wonder how your heart heals after something like this. From one mama to another, I love you. Take your time healing. :)

    ReplyDelete